[Loadstone] Contacting the old Symbian Loadstone's developers

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Thu Jan 11 00:53:32 PST 2018

I'd forgotten about that rediculous capability system. I think the
self-signing would work for most of what Loadstone needs but not quite
everything.
If your receiver is a Garmin then you may be in for a lot of trouble. Those
receivers are known for speaking there own protocol so may not output nmea
at all. The higher update rate may not do too much except cause the phone to
drain the battery faster processing the additional data.
I put together a tarball of the current development source and you can
download it at:
http://www.shawnk.ca/loadstone-0.74.6-2013-08-11.tar.gz that's my personal
site. It's not as clean as a normal source distribution would be because the
svn system to generate the distribution no longer exists. The best I could
do was to tar up the entire loadstone directory so it'll contain everything,
previous distributions, development files, and probably other bits and
pieces that may or may not be of any use. Have a look at the ChangeLog file
to see what changed from the last official release until development
stopped.
Good luck with all of this and let me know what happens.