[Loadstone] Contacting the old Symbian Loadstone's developers

Aura Kelloniemi kaura.dev at sange.fi
Wed Jan 10 23:59:38 PST 2018

Hello, and thank you for your response!

Shawn Kirkpatrick <shawn at loadstone-gps.com> writes:
 > You are correct about the certificates, all the systems that supported these
 > are dead. This was the problem we ran in to that prevented any further
 > releases. Now, if I remember correctly there is a way to generate a
 > self-signed certificate that you could use to run the program on your own
 > phone. I haven't looked at any of this in about 5 years so I forget exactly
 > how this worked.

Self-signing worked only with limited capabilities - so no Bluetooth access
for example.

 > The other option is to jail break your phone, this would allow you to run
 > unsigned programs on it.

I did this. It works like a charm. If anybody else is interested, the
instructions are currently here:
http://digipassion.com/symbian-nokia-hack-jailbreak-new-for-s60v3-5-anna-belle-refresh-fp1

 > There may be an easier solution to your problem though. Loadstone should
 > work with any receiver that sends out standard nmea data. This should be
 > almost all bluetooth receivers as far as I know.

My BT receiver is Garmin GLO which Iwould like to use because it has a high
update rate (10x) and because it supports GLONASS. It works fine with GPSD so
I'm now going to investigate the situation.

 > Loadstone source should be available on the website in the Loadstone legacy
 > site section. This is now an external site that I don't control so it may
 > have changed. If the source isn't available there then let me know and I
 > can send you a copy, I should have it around here somewhere.

Can you please send me a copy of the latest source. I have the latest released
tarball, but I would like to get the development version.

The mirror of the legacy site (http://www.b1mobility.com/loadstone) just says
that the site is coming soon, and there is no content. It would be great to
have that site working as well.

Anyways, thank you so much for your help!

--
Aura