[Loadstone] Contacting the old Symbian Loadstone's developers

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Jan 10 15:39:32 PST 2018

Hello.
I am the original developer for the Symbian version of Loadstone, currently
developing the version for iOS.
You are correct about the certificates, all the systems that supported these
are dead. This was the problem we ran in to that prevented any further
releases. Now, if I remember correctly there is a way to generate a
self-signed certificate that you could use to run the program on your own
phone. I haven't looked at any of this in about 5 years so I forget exactly
how this worked. The other option is to jail break your phone, this would
allow you to run unsigned programs on it.
There may be an easier solution to your problem though. Loadstone should
work with any receiver that sends out standard nmea data. This should be
almost all bluetooth receivers as far as I know. The exception to this may
be receivers that are marketed specifically as being compatable with the
iPhone, in that case they may use a different protocol and may not work with
anything else. It's also possible that the receiver is set to send out some
other kind of protocol and it may be possible to make it send nmea. You'd
have to read the specifications for your receiver to know what it's doing.
You'll need to know this anyway in order to fix Loadstone if it turns out
the receiver does send nmea but in a way Loadstone doesn't understand. Maybe
it's easier to just get another receiver that works?
The Loadstone source should be available on the website in the Loadstone
legacy site section. This is now an external site that I don't control so it
may have changed. If the source isn't available there then let me know and I
can send you a copy, I should have it around here somewhere.