[Loadstone] Bluetooth Receiver Question

Mike Hanson brewmeister65 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 07:20:10 PDT 2017

The one drawback of using any GPS program I know about with an IPhone
is that it drains the battery.  I don’t blame Loadstone for that.  It
seems to use about the same amount of battery life as any other GPS
program I’ve used.  I don’t know if the IPhone’s GPS receiver drains
battery life or the app does.

Would configuring Loadstone to use a Bluetooth receiver reduce the
demand on the IPhone’s battery?  There might well be some reason
Loadstone doesn’t support a Bluetooth receiver with an IPhone.  I am
not sure anybody makes Bluetooth GPS receivers these days.  There are
other workarounds to deal with battery life issues.  I thought I would
ask if there are plans to implement use of Bluetooth receivers.  The
IPhone's built-in receiver seems as accurate as one could want.  It is
certainly better than early Royltec receivers in my experience.

Mike Hanson