[Loadstone] Dictation, battery life, and Three Checkpoint Questions

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Jul 25 17:07:22 PDT 2017

Dictation should work like it will in any other app. For dictation to work
anywhere you'll need an internet connection, something that just doesn't
seem to get mentioned anywhere.
The closest function to exploration mode is the show neighbourhood function.
This will give you a point list of points within a radius around your
location or a chosen point. This is the same kind of list you get with the
find point function. To check a point in this list just double tap it and
it'll say checked and may prompt you where to save the checkpoint.
An exploration mode is planned, it's just a matter of figuring out the best
user interface for it.
You can import the old-style checkpoints text files, see the new faq at:
https://www.loadstone-gps.com/help/faq.html for instructions.