[Loadstone] Dictation, battery life, and Three Checkpoint Questions

Mike Hanson brewmeister65 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 09:34:05 PDT 2017

I have tried to get Loadstone to find points by dictating the name of
the point.  Loadstone does not seem to search if point names are
dictated.  If that is the only thing that could stand fixing, that is
very good for a first release.  I can certainly use Loadstone without
dictation working properly.

I think I like the Loadstone's battery usage compared to other GPS
programs.  Loadstone seems to use less of my phone's battery if I am
not mistaken.

Next, is there something like exploration mode?  There does not seem
to be anything like that.  That feature was great for creating short
checkpoint lists.

How do I create a checkpoint list in the current version of Loadstone?
 I believe I would use find point and go from there.  Is there an
alternative method?

Finally, can I import my old checkpoint text files?  If so, how can I
do that?  I don't know how to convert text files to the required
Loadstone format.

Thank You,

Mike Hanson