[Loadstone] Presentation

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Aug 15 14:53:02 PDT 2017

I aggree, presentations are a good idea. We plan to send at least
informational messages to as many of the blindness-related institutions as
possible. To get an idea of the current goals of the project have a look at
the GoFundMe video on the Loadstone website. This is a brief summary of
what's needed at the present time.
Is your site about your hike still up? This would be a very good testimonial
to link to.
Not needing a data plan is one of the top goals of Loadstone. Hear in Canada
we pay some of the worst rates in the world for cellular data. For this
reason my pay as you go phone plan has no data. This means I needed a GPS
app that didn't require data while on the move. None of the other apps
seemed to do this.
Accuracy is also very important. Loadstone sets the phone's hardware to use
the best accuracy it possibly can. The trade off is a slightly higher
battery usage but for pedestrian use I think it's well worth it. I've been
able to do a side by side comparison with Loadstone and apple maps running
on two different phones and the difference was quite surprising, sometimes
half a block or more. Maybe for sighted people driving this works but not so
well for blind pedestrians.