[Loadstone] How are things going with the iPhone?

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Tue May 10 23:50:51 BST 2016

Things are still coming along. Some other projects have come up lately so
it's slowed down the Loadstone development a bit.
I have some of the basic navigation information functions working (except
for the magnetic heading that seemed to reverse itself and then correct
itself for an unknown reason). The voice output now seems to work either
using voiceover or the phone's synthesizer. This was having a problem where
it would crash the app if it tried to speak while something was still
speaking. The informational display popup windows also seem to be working
and apparently look good. A lot of settings are in place
and seem to work but there's no user interface to control them yet. The
database system is still a complete blank but at least the phone uses sql
databases so that'll make things a lot simpler.
I need to write a sound player/tone generater and that looks like it's going
to be a lot harder than it should be.
I want to put in the where am I function and the address search function.
These are services that are built in to the phone so implementing them won't
be too difficult and I've been able to test them with another test
application.
I'd like to get something in to a usable state since my Nokia phone and
external gps receiver are starting to show there age.