[Loadstone] How's it going?

Bob Hicks bob at seeinghandassociation.com
Wed Jan 27 14:10:38 GMT 2016

Thanks a lot
!

Best Regards,

Bob Hicks

-----Original Message-----
From: Loadstone [mailto:loadstone-bounces at loadstone-gps.com] On Behalf Of Shawn Kirkpatrick
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 6:51 PM
To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
Subject: Re: [Loadstone] How's it going?

I guess I haven't posted an update in a while. Loadstone for iphone is coming along slowly but surely. I've had to learn osx, xcode, and swift, the latest language from apple for writing iphone apps. I have the basic concept layed out. The main screen will have 4 tabs, navigation, database, functions, and settings. I have some of the functions on the navigation tab working, I can get gps info (accuracy, vertical accuracy, and heading accuracy), course and speed (course, speed, magnetic heading, and true magnetic heading), position (latitude, longitude, and altitude). All of these things are shown on the screen as well as being spoken using the phone's synthesizer whether or not you're using voiceover. More things are planed for the navigation screen. The other 3 tabs are currently blank except for there titles.
The app currently runs on my phone so I can test the functions as I write them and out in the field.
I've also implemented classes for some of the various settings as well as the ability to save and retrieve settings but nothing calls that yet. I've put the system in place for multi-language support. It's a lot easier to do this from the beginning rather than trying to put this in later.
Things have slowed down for the moment because I have to work on other projects but that just gives me more time to think and test what's currently working. I'm not even going to speculate on a release date.