[Loadstone] How's it going?

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Jan 26 23:51:07 GMT 2016

I guess I haven't posted an update in a while. Loadstone for iphone is
coming along slowly but surely. I've had to learn osx, xcode, and swift, the
latest language from apple for writing iphone apps. I have the basic concept
layed out. The main screen will have 4 tabs, navigation, database,
functions, and settings. I have some of the functions on the navigation tab
working, I can get gps info (accuracy, vertical accuracy, and heading
accuracy), course and speed (course, speed, magnetic heading, and true
magnetic heading), position (latitude, longitude, and altitude). All of
these things are shown on the screen as well as being spoken using the
phone's synthesizer whether or not you're using voiceover. More things are
planed for the navigation screen. The other 3 tabs are currently blank
except for there titles.
The app currently runs on my phone so I can test the functions as I write
them and out in the field.
I've also implemented classes for some of the various settings as well as
the ability to save and retrieve settings but nothing calls that yet. I've
put the system in place for multi-language support. It's a lot easier to do
this from the beginning rather than trying to put this in later.
Things have slowed down for the moment because I have to work on other
projects but that just gives me more time to think and test what's currently
working. I'm not even going to speculate on a release date.