[Loadstone] Accessible Program for Hiking

Michael O. Hanson mhanson at winternet.com
Thu Oct 29 14:35:15 GMT 2015

Does anybody on this list know of an accessible GPS program that works
without an internet connection for hiking on the IPhone?  In other words,
does anybody know of a program that will give trail maps I can use until
Loadstone is ported to the IPhone and I can come up with databases myself?
Thanks for posting about navigon.  It is not difficult in the US to drive
where there is no cell phone and therefore, no internet access.  That makes
most apps one might use for navigation of potentially limited use.
Therefore, any app that allows one to download maps on a phone useful.
Navigon is much less expensive than some other apps I might have considered.

Mike Hanson