[Loadstone] Porting to Android

Dale Leavens dleavens at puc.net
Fri Oct 23 02:59:48 BST 2015

Well there's me told. Your self sacrifice is doubtless widely appreciated
and your humility too. For someone not concerned about Loadstone you
certainly have used up bandwidth.

For what it is worth, I don't much like using a touch screen device for
mobility applications because they are difficult to use one handed and when
I am on the move one hand always has a cane in it. Could as well be a dog of
course but on the Nokia one could hold the phone in one hand and operate it
without having to stop.

BlindSquare has got around this to a point with the menu control on the
Bluetooth headset and one could also buy a Rivo keyboard, all more stuff to
charge so more wires and chargers and batteries to haul about.

I always also had difficulty in getting maps onto the phone with Loadstone,
here is where the Android might actually excel being less fussy about
importing stuff than the iDevice platform.

I think the Loadstone group actually did a pretty good thing. Apart from
Wayfinder, now a brief memory they got a really good stable product onto our
phones when others didn't.

I understand why people don't rush out to crowd based funding, there is so
little accountability. These guys are a little different insofar as they
aren't operating a business unlike say the fine folk from Aftershokz or the
SixDot battery powered Dymo tape embosser who seem to be unwilling to expand
their product line without first fully funding it.

It doesn't really matter what I think though any more than what you think so
I suppose the correct thing to do is to drop the subject. I concede that you
are far too clever for me.

Dale Leavens.