[Loadstone] Porting to Android

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Oct 22 22:34:25 BST 2015

[quoted lines by Shawn Kirkpatrick on 2015/10/22 at 13:38 -0700]

So far, you've just been complaining. If you were one of my children, I'd call
it whining.

One of the nice things about Android is that it's developers listen to the
public with wide open ears. All you need to do is join the right mailing list
and discuss these things directly with them. If you really think that things
should be changed insofar as Android is concerned then why not do that instead
of just griping at those who happen to be subscribed to your personal forum.

Even better, there's a process by which you can prove to Google that you can be
trusted, and then you just need to sign a form and begin to submit patches to
them. If they like your patches, they'll get in.

One lesson my children have had to learn from me is that whining is useless and
bad whereas doing something about whatever happens to be bugging you is useful
and good.

One thing that bugs me is the way so many blind people sit back, whine, and
expect to be spoon-fed. If blind people want to be part of the world then
they'd all do well to start participating in it.