[Loadstone] Apple Store-Android Thoughts

Michael O. Hanson mhanson at winternet.com
Thu Oct 22 21:12:07 BST 2015

It costs $125 per year to get Loadstone on the App store?  Is that correct?
If that remains accurate, I can consider offering to cover the first year
once Loadstone is to the point where it is ready to be sold as an app.
After that, I believe Loadstone's developers intend to charge  something to
download Loadstone.  I hope user fees would cover the costs for subsequent
years.  I have benefited enough from Loadstone that $125 is not an
unreasonable amount.  I want to make certain I know what I am getting into
before committing to something I can't afford.

I particularly like the fact that Loadstone is intended to work without an
internet connection on the IPhone!  I don't know of any other
IPhone-compatible GPS programs that do that.

Now, I will express some more thoughts about the android.  I don't like what
Apple did with its IPhone.  They made it so every app needs to get their
approval.  This does not seem to be the case with the android if I am not
mistaken.  If I am correct, I hope Google does the same thing to Apple that
Microsoft did to them!  I just hope the android is as accessible as the
IPhone is before that happens.  Having said that, we need to live in the
real world, not the one we hope is yet to come.

Mike Hanson