[Loadstone] The port of Loadstone to ios will proceed

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Thu Oct 22 03:22:29 BST 2015

I'm happy to announce that the port of Loadstone to the ios platform will
proceed. We did not reach the fundraising goal (not even close) but I did
manage to convince my parents of the value of the Loadstone project so they
aggreed to purchase a mac mini for development. It should arrive tomorrow
and then the fun can start.
I am grateful for the donations from the four people (yes only 4 people in
23 days) to the gofundme page. These donations are very much appreciated and
will go towards paying for the developer fee on the app store. To the rest
of the Loadstone community I must say I'm rather disappointed with the
response.
As for the ongoing question of an android port I can only say that if you
snooze you lose. At the moment there's just no money to port to android so
it's not going to happen unless that changes.
I think I'll change the focus statement of the gofundme page to say we're
raising money to port to ios, android, or any other platform that might come
along. That should cover things. There seems to be a large group of people
that want loadstone on the android platform. I personally think that
loadstone should be on as many platforms as possible but in order to make
that happen it's going to require support from the users. This support isn't
just in the form of money, if I were to work on multiple ports at once then
it would be good to have developer help as well. This goes for the ios port
too.
I look forward to getting this project started and hearing your suggestions.