[Loadstone] Porting to Android

Milos Przic milos.przic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 14:35:31 BST 2015

Hi Shawn,
I write only now because the hole conversation about the fundrasing and
porting finished in my spam folder. Anyway, as a passionat user of the
Loadstone app back on Symbian, and as a passionate user of android (and not
a developer), let me have my two senses on this. I hope that noone will get
offended, this is not my intention.
However, the problem with blind people is that they want everything
perfectly set for them, and when they think that they have it, they don't
want to see the cons of their choice, they see only pros. This has been the
case with the ios-android problem on all levels, by which I mean among the
developers, among the advanced users and among average ones. It was shone in
your statements too! For example, you talked about the unlocked android
phone. By talking about it, you actually said that an ios device has to be
unlocked by finding a workaround for that, and in case of Android, the word
workaround gives you concerns. So if you and all other ios fanatics out
there wanted to look on the things in a  more objective manner, the things
would be easier. And here is some personal statistics, similar to the one
that Emanuel brought out by mentioning the school where he works. I am from
Serbia and I don't know many people who use IPhone. The first reason is its
price, the second reason is that it is a closed and limited platform: many
apps available on the App store you can not buy in Serbia, for example. I
know a hole lot of people who use android, and are happy to find the thing
you refer to as workaround rather than to buy a pricy, more limited thing
that apparently doesn't require workarounds. I had studied in Italy for 3
years, and people there had more Ihpones because of the standard of the
country. When I braught Android into attention as a possibility, I was
ridiculed. The final result, however, was passing of the most fanatic ios
users to Android, thanks to its fast growing accessibility and never ended
flexibility! So if the things were said in another manner, for example, if
the donation were for Android and not for ios, you could count on my
donation, and I know at least a few other people who will not! donate for
Iphone but wil be more than glad to donate for Android. The reason for this
is the behavior of the ios users towards the other platforms (you should see
my italian friends trying to justify the Ihpone 6 possibility to be bended).
And no, this is not only the matter of personal opinion, as you said before,
because if you base something so public as the fundrasing is on the personal
opinion and not on the facts, the fundrasing wil unfortunately remain on 0.
Again, I didn't intend to offend, I just wanted to illustrate the situation
in a most objective way possible. I hope to see my so far most favorite gps
app Loadstone for Android!
Best,
          Miloš Pržić
Twitter: MilosPrzic