[Loadstone] GPS devices and smartphones

Arnþór Helgason arnthor.helgason at simnet.is
Sun Sep 28 12:49:25 BST 2014

I have used Loadstone a lot until my Nokia Simbian phone gave up.
There are similar apps for Android like Point finder and others.

It is stated that Loadstone can be used together with GPS devices. I
have 2 questions concerning this, which could also be a solution to
systems like Apple and Android:

1. How are a phone and a GPS device connected together?

2. Is it possible to use maps on the GPS together with a phone, then I
mean especially the pedestrian maps?
I would appreciate some information regarding this, for instance a link
to a page where this is described.

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason