[Loadstone] Google Maps Geocoding Question

Jacob Kruger jacob at blindza.co.za
Thu Sep 4 18:50:40 BST 2014

For example, if I go to:
http://maps.google.com/

And, in search box type in:
church square, pretoria, south africa

and, hit enter, then it returns results/info about the historical site, etc., etc., but the webpage address/URL is now:
https://www.google.co.za/maps/place/Church+Square/@-25.745845,28.187918,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x1e9562121cebadcb:0xc223b654d2e8d761?hl=en

And, therefore, from that webpage address, I can extract that - I think - latitude is -25.745845, and longitude is 28.187918.

If remember correctly, on bing maps page it actually provides lat and long coordinates on/in page content itself, at times.

Good luck

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
...Roger Wilco wants to welcome you, to the space janitor's closet...