[Loadstone] Loadstone GPS for iPhone?

Patryk Mis djpolar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 17:48:59 BST 2014

I also agree to port Loadstone to Android. No need to pay developer
costs, no need to have the most expensive phone, you can still keep
source code etc etc...
Accessibility on Android will be better and better. And we'll see the
day when Android will be better accessible than iSh*t.

On 2014-09-30 23:10, Emanuel Boboiu wrote:

> [...]
>
> Anyway, I think that if you plan to make  Loadstone for a mobile
> platform, Android is better than iPhone because here are all the users
> from countries from Eastern Europe, Asia and also there are many, but
> fewer than with iPhone in Weastern Europe and USA.
> In future iOS will be like Windows is now comparing with Mac. Mac was
> before Windows with GUI and interesting things, but Apple is not
> capable to continue this way to be in first place.
>
> Another idea is to wait for Windows Phone. :) It was a joke... :lol:
>
> Anyway, thanks again for Loadstone for Symbian, I continue to use it
> when I travell bay train, I still have a Nokia E51 for such a
> situation. There are many programs for Android and iOS, but they are
> not so confortable like Loadstone speaking about a certain point, the
> distance between me and it. Functions like Trip Metter and many other
> are very useful for me.
> For me and pupils in the school where I work, Loadstone was one of the
> most important softwares, we did there trainings, demonstrations etc.
>
> Best regards,
>     Manu
>

> -----Mesaj original----- From: Shawn Kirkpatrick
> Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 1:39 AM
> To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] Loadstone GPS for iPhone?
>
> There are no plans for an android version of loadstone. As far as
> accessibility goes the iphone seems to be the way to go for a touch
> screen
> phone. Maybe this will change for android in the future but that future
> seems to be taking a long time to arrive.
>
> On Mon, 29 Sep 2014, Emanuel Boboiu wrote:
>

>> It is better to make a version for Android, this OS will be finally
>> more used by blind users. In future, of course.
>>    Manu
>>
>> -----Mesaj original----- From: Shawn Kirkpatrick
>> Sent: Monday, September 29, 2014 8:22 AM
>> To: loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
>> Subject: Re: [Loadstone] Loadstone GPS for iPhone?
>>
>> Hello.
>> There are plans to write a version of loadstone for iphone. I don't know
>> when this will be thoe, it will take some funding and then learning
>> how to
>> write an app for the iphone.
>>
>> On Sat, 27 Sep 2014, Stuart Foster wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>> Seeing Assistant Move is a very good iPhone equivalent for
>>> LoadStone, and
>>> you can transfer all your databases into it too. I've loved
>>> Loadstone over
>>> the years, and the lack of an equivalent on iPhone had stopped me from
>>> retiring my old N82. But Seeing Assistant Move is nearly as good as
>>> Loadstone.
>>> Of course, the best would have been if Loadstone itself could have been
>>> ported to iPhone, but I gather that is not to be. So if you're
>>> looking to go
>>> the IOS route but need a Loadstone-like app, Seeing Assistant Move

>>> 1. Seeing Assistant Move