[Loadstone] loadstone alternative OsmAnd-access

rj rjonav at xs4all.nl
Wed May 7 11:42:14 BST 2014

Hi list,
I am testing the program  for myself since the last week.
It has some extra features compared to the original, voice commands
I.e. the command "where am I" will tell you the addres you are at.

What I miss is a voice command that tells you all the poi's with
distance an direction that are close (say 100m ) to you.
It would give you an idea where you are and what shops etc. there are.

the maps are from OSM and downloaded, you don't have to be online while
navigating.
You can change the voice commands to your liking and where it gets its
adress info from (OSm nominatum, google, or the map, for the first 2 you
have to be online)

Its routing is fantastic, in Holland it knows all the footpaths in the
park and dunes, all the public transport stops and their lines.
And it will navigate you to it.
But I haven't  (yet?) been able to get more detailed instructions for
the routing from it than a normal  nav unit does.
For me , for now that is enough I stil see  some 5 %
I cant read anything anymore though.

The follow .gpx track function micht give more detailed instructions

The convertion program  for loadstone to gpx is giving me trouble .

I tried several files, acepted by the loadstone program itself but every
point in it is reported erroneous by the conversion program.
Help wanted!

As I can see some of the map but not read anything I would like it to
announce what intersection I am pointing/tappin on.
It already does this for the Poi's.
(therefor I have not activated a function in osmand-acces that makes the
app indifferent to where you tap on the map)

I am thinking of trying to import the intersections from a ls db as
favorites, but I dont know if there is a max to favorites.
Or import them as a map layer,
Help wanted!

Robert