[Loadstone] Is anybody interested in loadstone for iphone?

Lex lex at progger.ru
Sun Nov 3 09:59:27 GMT 2013

Hi,

Absolutely yes. There is a huge community of visually impaired iPhone
users, which is only growing. Android only recently got a somewhat
considerable accessibility support for touch screen devices, so its user
base is still developing.

As was said, there are some GPS-related apps on iPhone which could be
used by the blind, but most of them are lacking important features (such
as some being just a turn-by-turn navigators, some allowing you to
explore the map, some allow to set and use custom points) - but no app
which can be used effectivelly for performing all those tasks. Cost is
also huge (e.g. consider Seeing Eye GPS by sendero).

So there is definitely a value of another player coming to the market,
esp considering how much previous experience you have in the area.

Please consider keeping app open source (without denying the idea of
selling it through app store though). I know a few people besides myself
who are interested in helping doing such a project.

Thanks,
Lex