[Loadstone] how to get a coordinates for specific point in OSM

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Mon May 6 04:22:20 BST 2013

I had to take this service offline until I can get things fixed. Someone
tried to download points for an entire country (this obviously wouldn't be
useful) in the process almost bringing my system to a complete hault.
Hopefully I'll be able to work out the problems with the get data by civic
location service but if not it was good while it lasted. In the mean time
all the other ways of getting data will still work.

On Sat, 4 May 2013, Ondrej Rosik wrote:

> Now the your link is offline and the link on the sited shows up a page, but I
> can not see the listbox or something to select the location.
>

> Dňa 5/3/2013 8:21 AM Shawn Kirkpatrick  wrote / napísal(a):
>> Thanks for the information. It seems that this just doesn't work in
>> later versions of firefox for some unknown reason. To fix this I'll
>> probably have to rewrite the get data by civic location function. In the
>> mean time there's a few ways of getting this to work: earlier versions
>> of firefox may work (not exactly sure when this broke thoe). if you use
>> internet explorer then things will work as expected or you can use the
>> text version of this function that'll work in all browsers by going to
>> http://pse.loadstone-gps.com/export3.php when you're logged in to the
>> point share. This should work but hasn't had much testing.
>>
>> On Thu, 2 May 2013, rj wrote:
>>
>>> Get data by civic location
>>> The link points to:
>>> http://pse.loadstone-gps.com/export2.php
>>>
>>> The browser opens
>>> http://pse.loadstone-gps.com/function%20location%28callback%29%20%7Bmode
>>> %20=%20%27sync%27;if%20%28callback%29%20%7B%20mode%20=%20%27async%27;%
>>> 20%7Dthis.className%20=%20%27location%27;this.dispatcher%20=%20new%
>>> 20HTML_AJAX_Dispatcher%28this.className,mode,callback,%