[Loadstone] Sensibility of the gps receivers

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Thu Jan 31 23:02:16 GMT 2013

As a general rule the internal gps receivers on nokia phones should be
considered junk. They'll work if you have nothing else but any external
receiver you can buy will give you better performance. Technical information
about the internal receivers is very hard to obtain. The best you might be
able to do is find out what gps chip the phone uses and then look up the
specs for it. The phone's gps is also more sensitive to the position of the
phone. It's recommended that when using the gps you hold the phone up at a
45 degree angle for best results. When the phone is moved from the optimal
position then the gps quality goes down. The external receivers don't have
these problems and you'll probably get longer battery life from the system
as well.