[Loadstone] GPS for Android.

Jacob Kruger jacob at blindza.co.za
Tue Dec 17 14:56:28 GMT 2013

Glad to hear that about dotwalker - a good reason to look into it more,
since have already imported some of my loadstone data into it, and am glad
to hear it can handle screen lock - for example, point finder seems to lose
it's bearings somehow if it lets you lock screen, and the actual google maps
interface apps just keep screen unlocked all the time.

Dumb question though then - does phone unit orientation affect it's
directional accuracy? Asking since one podcast listened to relating to point
finder, guy was saying it seemed like you needed to keep it held in a
certain form of orientation relating to it's use of compass, in regards to
directional calculations, or something, and was just wondering about that
for dotWalker as well, etc.

Stay well

Stay well

Jacob Kruger