[Loadstone] [OT] Accessibility on Android 4.0, specifically Galaxy S3

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Sep 29 20:29:10 BST 2012

[quoted lines by S. Massy on 2012/09/29 at 15:20 -0400]

>I'm thinking of getting a new phone and am strongly attracted to the
>Samsung Galaxy S3. I tried Android in its very early days (1.5) and that
>was a disaster (I had to switch to  Nokia E71 running TALKS). I hear
>accessibility on Android 4.0 (ICS) is getting pretty close; could anyone
>confirm this? Does anyone have experience specifically with the Galaxy
>line?

ICS (4.0) is, in my opinion, not quite there, yet. you'll find it rather
frustrating. JB (4.1), on the other hand, is very accessible. The only two
areas which are a pain, in my opinion, are the map stuff and entering
passwords. We can get into specifics, if you'd like. I'm just not sure how much
detail you're lookig for, at this pint, hence, the quick summary.

Android doesn't seem to have anything like Loadstone, yet, unfortunately, so
I'm beginning to give serious thought ito writing such a thing for myself. It
certainly has all the needed APIs, so it can't be that hard.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html