[Loadstone] [OT] Accessibility on Android 4.0, specifically Galaxy S3

rj rjonav at xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 6 13:35:55 BST 2012

Hi  Rob, Hi list,
Rob wrote:
"Also, on the C5 at any rate, the assisted part can be turned off, and
the GPS used as a standalone one.  This apparently makes it slower to
lock on to satellites, but that's how I use it, and I find it
satisfactory."

How do you turn the assisted part  off?

I never managed the C5-00 gps to work properly, it only gave 1 fix while
walking through the park for half an hour.
I used it with a bluetooth gps, a royeltek 2001. That worked very well
but I lost it. I replaced it with a Holux GPSlim240 that is a disaster
in telling your direction and speed. They both use the same
chip ,Sirfstar III though.

Robert