[Loadstone] [OT] Accessibility on Android 4.0, specifically Galaxy S3

rj rjonav at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 4 09:35:53 BST 2012

Hi all,

Dave wrote: "two apps to an Android-powered device makes navigation of
ones surroundings much more accessible."

Is it possible to use Openstreet maps with these apps on android?

Data traffic in a foreign country is prohibitively expensive and osm
maps can be downloaded and stored on your phone.

On the site it says that the Nokia 700 has a stand alone gps while the
E6 and the C5-00 only have a-gps that needs data traffic.
There does not seem to be a phone with a stand alone gps and a keyboard.

I am using C5-00 with the nokia screenreader and find the tts quite
acceptable for dutch, though espeak on my linux pc is a bit better  It
is only when reading an english word while using the dutch voice it is
sometimes very bad. I.e. I could not understand the tag "bicycleparking"
to a poi in LS but the dutch street names are pronounced correctly.

 Robert