[Loadstone] [OT] Accessibility on Nokia E7

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Thu Oct 4 01:53:46 BST 2012

On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 04:11:56PM +0200, Miranda wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As far as I know the Nokia Screen Reader only works on certain phone
> models, and not on the E6 and E7. I will check that out as soon as I
> have the time.
You're right; according to the user manual:
"The phones currently supported by Nokia Screen Reader are the Nokia
C5-00, Nokia C5 5MP, Nokia 700, Nokia 701 and Nokia 808 PureView. The
application will not install correctly on any other device."
Hmmm...

> Until recently I was not very satisfied about battery life on my E6,
> until I found an option in the wifi settings which is called
> something like "energy saving". I don't know what it exactly does,
> but since I turned that on my battery lasts well more than one day,
> even when I use the phone all the time. Turning on this option seems
> to have no influence on wifi performance.
It looks like the E6 does have decent battery life, where the E7 doesn't
fare so well, presumably because of the much larger AMOLED screen.

Looks like Android might be the best option for me after all, given the
more accessible Jelly Bean update coming to the Galaxy S3 soon
and that, failing that, codefactory offers a fairly affordable
accessibility suite for Android.

Thanks to everyone who helped. I was surprised to find so little
information on the Nokia Screen Reader on the internet, but given the
very restricted number of phones supported and the fact that Symbian
has more or less been abandonned, I suppose it's not that surprising.

Cheers,
S.M.