[Loadstone] [OT] Accessibility on Nokia E7

Ömer Yesiltas yesiltas1981 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 11:29:50 BST 2012

Hi, I have used e7 a while ago for a short time. Although it is very similar
to e6 in terms of fw but it is a little bit different in terms of hardware..
E6 is a candybar phone with qwerty keyboard, e7 is a slideout phone with
qwerty keyboard. E6 has call and end call buttons, e7 doesn't. While using
with mobilespeak, agenda and contacts keys can be used as soft keys on e6,
on e7, these keys aren't available, so you have to use the touch screen to
click the buttons. If you want to use it with talks, you have to open the
slideout keyboard to use loadstone, otherwise you can not use it. I didn't
try loadstone on this phone with mobilespeak so, i can not say much but i
guess you can use loadstone on touch screen on these phones with
mobilespeak. As for usability, i guess e6 is easier to use for a blind
person because of its hardware. You can use e6 one-handed, but it is hard to
use e7 one handed due to the slideout keyboard. It resembles n97 or n97 mini
in shape, so you need to use both hands while typing or using keyboard. If
you did not buy the phone or have possibility of replacing it, i suggest e6
instead of e7. I am using e6 and very happy with it. Both phones have some
accessibility problems with screen readers. E7's only superiority over e6
is, its internal 16gb mass memory. E6 has 8gb mass memory and a memory card
slot up to 32gb. So, I sold e7 and now using e6 with talks and mobilespeak
sometimes. You can use loadstone on qwerty keyboard of e6 easily. It is very
similar to e72 in shape and a little bit faster than it. While testing
camera, we detected that e7's camera can take better pictures than e6. Both
phones have an 8mp camera.