[Loadstone] Point Share

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Fri Jun 29 23:13:55 BST 2012

The problem you're having is what happens when you have a detailed map with
more than just street intersections in it. In that case you get told about
things that may or may not be important.
It should be possible to put in a selection filter on the point share site,
at least for points tagged as amenities. This would help somewhat but it'll
all depend on how well the points are tagged.
If you're trying to work with osmosis and postgresql checkout:
http://www.paulnorman.ca/blog/2011/11/loading-a-pgsnapshot-schema-with-a-planet-take-2/
This blog entry has a lot of good information about how to load an osm file
in to a postgresql database. Without this information I think my system
would still be trying to load all the data in to the database.