[Loadstone] Point Share

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Fri Jun 29 16:33:32 BST 2012

Hi List.
I looked into the point share again (after a long time not using it),
and I think, there could be far more offered with regard to
OpenStreetMap points export on the one hand, and some features that
could be added to loadstone itself probably.

rj mentioned unknown recycling containers as an example.
While these are really annoying as a "replacement" for the street
intersections, a (preprocessed) different naming scheme like "recycling
container on the left side of main street between Mozart Street and
Forrest Hill" would be a good additional orientation point probably
(especially as recycling containers may be targets for navigation for
some people?).

The proposal of rj to enable the selection of POI types is a good one,
the feature to choose different relevance of single points in the
database while using loadstone would be another one, that could help. It
could lead to something like "tell about street intersections. If you
did that and there's time left (there's nothing to tell in that
category), add the next less important category - e.g. the waste baskets."

regards
Peter