[Loadstone] Point Share

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Fri Jun 22 00:06:42 BST 2012

Hello list.
I wanted to let you all know about updates that have been made to the
Loadstone point share database. The point share was recently moved to a new
server and with this move came a few upgrades. The two major upgrades are:
the get points by civic location function should now work propperly.
Previously there were problems with this in some browsers but hopefully
these have now been fixed. This function will also now work in browsers that
do not support javascript or have javascript disabled.
The other major upgrade is we now can include openstreetmap data in the
point share database. We have a local mirror of the entire openstreetmap
database so this data can be selected as a source when exporting. When
exporting data there's now an option to select the data source. This can be
point share and openstreetmap (the default), point share only, or
openstreetmap only. This means that you do not need to download data from
openstreetmap and use any tools to convert to loadstone format.
At the moment the openstreetmap data only includes points of interest (pois)
street intersections are not included. Intersections will be included when I
figure out how to make the database calculate these. If anybody has any
information on how to do this let me know.
There have also been minor tweaks to the user interface to hopefully make
things a bit more user-friendly.
The point share system is still being worked on so feal free to report any
problems you may experience or any suggestions about how things can be
improved.