[Loadstone] osm & poi & osmosis

rj rjonav at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 18 16:52:03 BST 2012

Hi all,
Can anyone help with these 2 problems?
1. If I want to make a loadstone database from an osm file with poi's
loadstonetools (osm.py) stops with the error:
"TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable"
The same file converts flawless without poi's. But with poi's the script
stops and you don't get any file at all.

2. if I use osmosis to extract a boundingbox from an osm file
loadstonetools (osm.py) starts complaining about missing nodes.

How do I clean up the osm file? And how do I select the poi's I want?
There are i.e. so many letterboxes that they don't help to know where
you are.

Installing osmosis was very simple in Ubuntu Linux. There is a package
and all the dependencies are automatically installed.
I used a command like this:
 bzcat downloaded.osm.bz2 | osmosis --read-xml enableDateParsing=no
file=-  --bounding-box top=49.5138 left=10.9351 bottom=49.3866
right=11.201 --write-xml file=output.osm
It produced an osm file that looked all right, until I started
converting and importing it in the phone.

Robert