[Loadstone] LS, Nokia C5 and NSR

Ari Moisio arimo at iki.fi
Mon Feb 27 06:46:47 GMT 2012

Hi

For your information: LS works nicely with Nokia C5 wind it's free screen
reader except for one thing: if the point name ends with a number the
screen reader considers  all the numbers as a distance and report weird
distances. For example  if address 'Examplestreet 20' is 50 meter ahead
tts will read 'Examplestreet 2050 meter at 12 o'clock'.

I have solved this by putting a  colon at the end of each point name but
it would be preferable if LS could have a user-definable separator char
between point name and distance  notation. If user  has has  properly
working screen reader the separatorn character could be defined as space.

Another, similar issue is that i have on my  maps a degree notation to
indicate a curve in the road. NSR ignores the degree character and reads
the angle and distance as  an one munber. There is also a risk on
confusion if the number is  a civic number or curve because NSR doesn't
read the degree character but i have to solve this issue myself.

--
mr. M01510 & guide Loadstone-GPS
Lat: 62.38718, lon: 25.64672