[Loadstone] loadstone upgrades

ultraleetj at gmail.com ultraleetj at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 19:40:10 GMT 2012

I'm sorry, but the android I have has got pretty good accessibility and its
also got great buttons. I know it is a lot of research to do before
getting an android phone, but the sony erickson mini pro sk17 has a full
keyboard with arrow keys, a selector key, one physical capacitive button
that is in the middleof the other two buttons and is more stable than the
second or third edition of the nokia phones. Plus, in a couple of montsh
from now it will be upgradable to android 4.0, which will work with the
explore by touch feature, in which touching the screen will voice
everything. For now, I can use the calendar, set alarms, review the call
log, have an amazing configurable caller ID feature, browse the web,
instant message, take pictures is easily done, play music, fm radio, and
some games work with it as well and are pretty accessible, the only thing
that I cannot find that works really well is the gps, because nothing
like loadstone has come along for android and then.. IOs does not have
such a thing either. Plus I can always get more support from everyone.
Nokia killing symbian was not the best thing to do, but even they moved
away from the button phones and are starting to use touch screens. Some
things are much easier, some are difficult, just like with any ordinary
phone. Why not just let phones... make calls which that is what they
originally were meant to do?  and best of all, I don't have to crack
talks, or buy it for 250 dollars ETC, its all completely free with many
other cheaper choices. Even the mobile speak suite for android costs at
most 90 dollars. But still, no effective offline gps solution. If you can
afford a data plan there is a great app called talking places and walkie
talkie, which will retrieve google maps directions and voice them toyou.
With the aid of other small utilities you can know speed, heading, ETC
ETC . But those of us who simply do not want a data plan have to wait
until google implements true offline navigatoin or loadstone gets running
somehow on android (if it were java-based that can be done) . but I am
afraid google wins.. and google is doing this all also, open source.