[Loadstone] Problem using the Python version of Loadstonetools on Gentoo Linux

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Thu Aug 30 22:55:25 BST 2012

Hi John,
This looks like there's probably a difference between your version of python
and the one the script was written for. The script was probably written for
version 2.x so something must have changed with later python versions. I'm
not exactly sure how to fix the script but you shouldn't need it anyway.
All the openstreetmap data is now part of the loadstone point share so you
should use that rather than obtaining data from openstreetmap and trying to
convert it to loadstone format. If you still need the offline tools for some
reason then you may have to google a bit and do some code hacking to get it
to work with your python version. Good luck.