[Loadstone] Problem using the Python version of Loadstonetools on Gentoo Linux

John Robinson jbr100uk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 19:50:48 BST 2012

Hi everyone. Apologies if this is off topic, but I would very much
appreciate some advice on how to use the Python version of Loadstone's
off-line tools.  I am running Gentoo Linux with Python 3.2.3.  I checked
out revision 49 of the source code for the Loadstone off-line tools
from http://loadstonetools.googlecode.com using Subversion and the source
code for the Loadstone off-line tools is now in a
'Loadstonetools-read-only' folder in my home directory.  I changed to this
directory and typed the following to see if the osm.py script was working:

python osm.py --help

The following is the output I received after typing this command:

'File "osm.py", line 37
     print _("Enter your e-mail adress:")
           ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax'

I unfortunately know nothing about programming in Python and have never
used the Loadstone off-line tools before. I have no idea why the osm.py
script is not working for me and would very much appreciate advice on how
resolve this.

Many thanks for any help.

Regards,

John