[Loadstone] Point Share

rj rjonav at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 4 09:48:36 BST 2012

Thanks,
I used:
$ cat mylsfile.txt | grep -v -e waste\ basket -e drinking\ water -e
recycling -e post\ box -e post_box > mylsfile-cleaned.txt

Can you do a similar thing in  Windows?

Robert

From: 	S. Massy <lists at wolfdream.ca>
To: 	loadstone at loadstone-gps.com
Subject: 	Re: [Loadstone] Point Share
Date: 	08/04/2012 05:52:17 AM

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 09:42:50AM +0200, rj wrote:
> Hi list, Kit,
>
> I was also thinking that the simplest way to get rid of the unwanted
> poi's is to delete them from the file the poi share server produces.
> But I think the Amsterdam area contained some 14.000 poi's,  so we
need
> a script to delete the unwanted ones.
> Every poi seems to be on a new line so a script that searches for a
user
> definable string (i.e. recycling, playground) and if found removes the
> line would probably do the job.
>
> What scripting language are we going to use? Python? It must be
platform
> independent.
You can just use grep. e.g
$ zcat mylsfile.txt.gz | grep -v -e waste\ basket -e drinking\ water |
gzip - >mycleanedlsfile.txt.gz

Cheers,
S.M.