[Loadstone] new remove from data base feature

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Sep 28 05:48:29 BST 2011

It sounds like you need to reconsider how you're using databases. You really
shouldn't have to delete large amounts of data from a database.
Deleted points stay in a database so if the contents are uploaded to point
share the points can be marked as deleted. If this wasn't done then
previously deleted points would show up the next time data was downloaded
from point share.
Checking all results of a search isn't going to happen. The result set from
a search could be huge. The phone can only hold so many checkpoints in
memory.
If you have multiple locked points in a file that would be a checkpoint file
wouldn't it?
There are a lot of fields that would be nice to add to points, including
phone numbers. This would require a database change that would break
existing versions. This may happen at some point but only after a new
database engine can be found.