[Loadstone] Fw: new hotkey functions (fwd)

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Sep 28 02:24:22 BST 2011

The key functions you suggest probably wouldn't be too hard to implement.
The logging toggle is already implemented, but not with a variable.
The variable for closest point name could probably be added but there could
be some problems with that. There may be a better way to pass point
information.
Some kind of event triggering system is on the todo list but I'm not sure
how it's going to work.
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a better way of getting output from
external websites other than launching the browser. Even in the example you
suggest you have to deal with a lot. You have to find a connection network,
establish a connection, send a propperly formatted request, then handle the
response from the other end. If all goes well it could be what you suggest
but it could also be any number of errors or an html document or nothing at
all. It gets even more complicated if you want to interact with the site for
things like input forms.
Symbian does have controls so a program can implement key browser functions
within a program and they would be very nice to use but at the moment talks
doesn't work with them. Maybe this will change at some point but for now
we're stuck with the browser.