[Loadstone] Some feature wishes

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Oct 24 23:39:13 BST 2011

The double click idea for keys is interesting. This would give more keys
especially on those phones that don't have many buttons such as the newer
touch screen phones. This cwould slow down the responsiveness of single key
commands thoe since it would have to wait to see if a double click was about
to follow.
I think the real solution to the routing problem is propperly sequenced
routes. Trying to add all the information using a checkpoint's comment field
presentes several problems. The first problem is it only accounts for a
route in a specific order going in a specific direction. This means the
system can't account for changes in the travel conditions, if you're
approaching a checkpoint from another direction any hard-coded directions in
the comment field are meaningless. The checkpoint logic doesn't follow any
order so points could be announced out of sequence making any relative
information unusable at that point. This also doesn't account for doing a
route in reverse.
What's needed is a sequenced route system. Basically checkpoints with
sequence numbers as well as some other information such as which direction
of a route the point applies to. This way a route could be followed in
propper order but also account for the direction or starting at a point
other than the beginning or end.
I want to get this system designed propperly rather than trying to hack
things on to the existing checkpoint system.