[Loadstone] Almanac data

S. Massy lists at smassy.andropov.org
Thu Oct 20 05:40:37 BST 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 05:11:35AM -0700, Shawn Kirkpatrick wrote:
> This would be nice to have. What I'd like to have is a way to
> download the data and then send it to the receiver. Unfortunately I
> haven't been able to find any information on doing this. It can be
> done, but we'd have to know where to get the data and how to send it
> to the receiver.
As far as I know this kind of functionality is relegated to closed,
obscure bits of protocol peculiar to each receiver, so that, even if it
could be done, loadstone would have to implement receiver-specific ways
of exchanging this data.

At least my personal experience with my Qstarz BT818X was that it is
supposed to support AGPS but requires specific windows software to
upload the data. As I have a Mac dual-booted with Linux, this leaves me
S.O.L.

Cheers,
S.M.