[Loadstone] Almanac data

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Oct 12 13:36:32 BST 2011

Some receivers can do this using there software. My i-blue 737a+ can
apparently do it but the software is windows only. The built-in gps
receivers in some phones can do this too, this is assisted gps. The data for
those seems to come from supl.nokia.com. This some kind of protocol (can't
remember the name at the moment) but I haven't found any information on how
to talk to these servers or how to send the data to the receivers if it were
able to be downloaded. It seems strange to me that this information wouldn't
be public. Maybe I haven't googled the right questions, information on this
must be out there somewhere. Maybe the difference wouldn't be that big but
it might be nice to have.