[Loadstone] Fw: new hotkey functions

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Sun Oct 2 09:05:46 BST 2011

Hi Ari.

I'm very interested in that tool for loadstone export in our map web
portal [1] (sorry, page is in German).
In a later stage we want to support export of routes to different
navigation systems like our "own" LoroDux and the well known and widely
distributed loadstone.

In the past I stumbled over exactly the same question: how to export a
good loadstone route, that does not contain too much checkpoints (as
that leads to noise and incomplete speech output), but contains enough
to enable the user to follow the route.

I assume, a real route paradigm in loadstone, where points of the route
have an order that is known and used in that semantic, would help to
make the problem easier, but for now there's only the question which
points to use as route points best.

Are you planning to make your tool free software? Which license do you
have in mind for the case the tool will be released any time in the future?

regards
Peter Wendorff

[1]
meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WissensWert/59_-_Barrierefreies_Onlineportal_für_Karten-_und_Routing-Services_mit_der_Schwerpunkt-Zielgruppe_blinder_Fußgänger