[Loadstone] Fw: new hotkey functions

Ari Moisio arimo at iki.fi
Sun Oct 2 07:33:05 BST 2011

Hi

I have made my first experiments  with the calculated routes and found
some problems with current checkpoint implementation:

- I have to  use excessi ve number of checkpoints to  make sure next point
is always in front but still there is a risk to get lost simply by moving
a bit to wrong direction.

-witt checkpoints only in the crossings where to turn the situation is
even worse: in densely poplated areas LS picks up random checkpoints and
of course announces the turning instructions  designated to that
checkpoint:-)

This issue is  not unique to calculated routes: if one makes a manual
route there are similar issuess but of course on manual routes one  can
optimize the chekpoint positions better.

On my project: i have made a filter  at top of Gosmore routing engine that
filters out unnecessary roite points and  calculates relative turning
instructions and also cardinal directions to travel.   The point names are
form
xxx: 2 o'clock to northwest
where xxx is the sequence number of the route point and comments are like
road_1 - road_2 (remaining distance to destination)
where road_1 and road_2 are names of crossings streets if availagble.

This project is still in alpha  stage  and currently covers only Finland
due server resource restrictions.

--
mr. M01510 & guide Loadstone-GPS
hkp://wwwkeys.pgp.net B784D020