[Loadstone] Brazilian maps

Stuart Foster stuart.foster at btinternet.com
Sat May 21 22:34:59 BST 2011

Paulo

Wayfinder was made Open Source, but I am not aware that anyone is developing
it. It was closed on 31st March. However, here in Britain at least, it is
still working. But I've stopped using it because its maps are not being
updated, so it's lost it's advantage.

Regarding maps, I do not believe Loadstone can use commercial maps such as
those in Tomtom. However, it can use the Open Street Map format, and these
can be loaded into Loadstone as a series of points, which give you a good
feel for how the streets are laid out. The Loadstone manual covers this very
well, and it's just a case of doing what it tells you to do.

Regards

Stuart Foster