[Loadstone] OSM node IDs and LS IDs

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Fri May 13 21:15:30 BST 2011

Normally an id is a unix timestamp of when the point was entered. That along
with your user id gives the point a unique id. As long as your imported
points belong to a single userid then you can use pretty much any number you
want except 0 for the id. Just make sure it won't clash with any entered
data in the future. Your converter could start at 1 and work its way up or
start at the current timestamp and work its way down. You'll want to make
sure that multiple runs of the tool don't use the same ids so maybe have it
keep track of where it left off.