[Loadstone] GPS recievers

tempjayren at gmail.com tempjayren at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 19:41:37 BST 2011

i forget the chipset of the external one i have at the moment.
though if limited to the n82, that tech is a few years old, or is at
least on my unit, as the firmware of the phone wasn't touched since
2008, then i got my paws on it and did all i could to keep it up to date.
i think the person that had it before didn't know this could be done.
anyway, in order to combat the older tech of the phone i did purchase an
external gps device that pairs to the phone, and the general rule is
newer tech will be better.
i've found the unit acquires a signal faster than just the phone itself
and attribute that to it being newer than the phone it ties to.
this unit was sold from talknav, and right at the moment i forget the
specific name / chipset of it.
so because i can't remember anything useful, i'll hope that something in
this message was of use and i'll stop rambling now.