[Loadstone] Future of loadstone after latest Nokia symbian announcement?

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Mar 28 22:29:31 BST 2011

Loadstone will continue on symbian for the forseeable future. Nokia can
change the opperating system on its phones but that doesn't change what's on
current users phones. From what I can tell it looks like Nokia is in a bit
of a panic so who really knows what'll happen.
If loadstone has to switch to another platform then that'll depend on what
platform has the best access technology. If that means we have to switch to
iphone or android or windows phone then that's what'll happen. This probably
won't happen for quite a while, the current and future symbian devices will
hang around for quite a while. This'll be especially true if there's no real
advantage to upgrading to the new devices or if the access technology takes
time to come up to speed.