[Loadstone] Slow fix on e72

heini at infineon.com heini at infineon.com
Sat Mar 26 18:40:45 GMT 2011

Hello all,

I am using a e72 with the current nokia firmware

Problem description:
Scenario a:
Is ls the first application  which uses the internal gps receiver, it takes always minutes until  ls reports a fix

Scenario b:
If I am starting instead of ls first the nokia gps application  then the nokia application reports within seconds the exact gps position
After closing the nokia application and  starting immediately ls. Ls reports also within seconds a fix

Scenario C:
The handy is in offline mode , no gsm connectivity available
Now needs also the nokia application a similar time to get a fix   like ls  in scenario a)

I am guessing , that ls may not be able to use the a-gps feature .
Right or wrong ?
Any recommendation to speedup the fix  of the internal receiver ?

Thanks and have a  good time
Ronald